Good news, folks :)
I have now released my latest release of UIControlSutei v.25.
Various enhancements and updates are in there… A quick summary of the release is as follows:
New WPF controls
Lots of updates to WinForms controls too
I have added more exciting features:
- Orientation of type DrawingOrientation
- VerticalTextDirection (of type TextDirection)
- StringFormat, so you can ask the control to render it centre aligned or left aligned, etc.
The defaults I setup internally in the control is Centre aligned, so you typically should not have to do anything, unless you want to set it to Near / Far mode)
I have also introduced a new property named: BorderDrawingStyle, where you can set it to None, Thin, Thick or SuperThick as desired.
There are many more new features including:
- Automatic re-layout whereby the control will wrap text into multiple lines by itself depending on the size available, etc.
- Advanced linear gradient background drawing, etc.
- All new features will also support drawing with or without Drop-shadow
- Allows full background transparency along with the new features
I have put together a new feature whereby it performs a complex analysis in order to figure out which strategy is useful in a given scenario, out of various possible combinations across anchoring vs.auto shrinkage, etc., taking into account, factors such as when the Window control's StartPosition is set to Manual or otherwise, whether a main child control is in place, and other factors.
I have introduced two new properties which do all these heavy lifting features.
- ContainerChild of type Panel
- ShouldEnableContainerChildAutoManagement of type bool
- Apart from this, I have also introduced a more performant way of drawing the main view, when the window is maximized by the user.
The effect is more in terms of memory footprint and speed vis-a-vis the strategy I had written earlier on.
- I have also added a few more new custom themes for the Window.
I have updated the control in order to support customizing the background drawing extensively, thereby allowing a custom drawing theme to be used.
- A new property named IsRenderingTheme is now available.
This will ensure to switch off my control’s out-of-the-box various Windows and other exotic Office theme colours in the button, and instead draw itself with the colours you want it to use across various visual states.
Then, set these properties as you wish to any colours:
Any time if you want the control to use the built-in feature Theme colours (i.e. the current behaviour), you simply switch the property to true.
You can also set your own border colour now using this new property:
Also you can set a custom angle to let the control draw the gradient colour for the control using this new property:
In the past couple of weeks, I had started building a whole suite of new .NET controls for:
- WinForms, and
- Windows 10 Universal App controls
These include many new controls, including:
- Windows 10 Universal App style Hamburger Menu control, Scheduler / Planner control, etc.
Will keep you all posted on that soon.
Have fun! :)